Flat Bread ::Recipe::

April 26, 2011

This is a wonderful flat bread recipe.  I like it because it's a lot like crackers but really soft and a little sweeter.  I made some yesterday and it made two loaves- it was all eaten by last night.  I'm glad everyone enjoyed em'. 

Flat Bread Recipe                                        

3 c. milk
4 - 4 1/2 c. flour
2 1/2 c. butter
1 T. salt
1/2 c. sugar


Preheat your oven to about 350.  And grease your pans!  The size really doesn't matter much... but if you want 2 really big loaves, use a 9 by 13.  I would suggest using a mixer for this dough, it's really stiff and hard to mix everything evenly. 


Cut the butter into pieces

And cream it with the flour, sugar, and salt.

Gradually add the milk.

Take it out and begin kneading it for a moment or two on a lightly floured surface. 
{Have plenty of room to work.}

Divide the dough into two pieces




Roll you dough out out on the {still lightly floured} surface and flatten it.  Plop it onto your pan and keep on rolling until it reaches this thickness:


I find that using my hands is a lot less stressful than trying to navigate the rolling pin on the pan :)

Bake them for 45 minutes and voila!  All done.  Wait til' they cool off before you use em'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)