Sew it Seams

April 14, 2011

ewI love knitting.  And crocheting.  And everything about doing it... I love the yarn slipping off the needle after working a stitch and the yarn gliding through my fingers as I feed it through the loops.  But guess what?  It's a tad to hot be knitting when summer hits, so my friend and I decided for now, we'll switch over to sewing. 

And I've got a confession to make:

I can't sew.  Okay, a skirt and one awful looking dress for Morgan, but other that- nothing.  But whatever I do make, I enjoy doing it.  It's wonderful to press down the pedal and hear a slightly loud churning noise and watch the material get pulled backwards and all the while the needle goes up and down up and down.  But I still can't sew.

Well what's so bad with not knowing how to sew anyways?  Because I am afraid that I get curious about things and then I try it out.  Than I fall in love with it.  Than I forever hooked so to speak.  So as soon I try sewing, I hope I'll like it enough so that I want to improve until I can safely say I can sew decently.  Wish me luck.

God bless y'all.

7 comments:

WillaFiveCents said...

Just keep trying! Practice makes perfect!
B T W I love that picture of the sewing foot! :)

Gabby said...

Thanks for the comment/encouragement Willa dear! Do you have any sewing projects going on?

Olivia Howard said...

I'm with Willa- just keep trying! You're so good at needle things that I'm sure once you learn the basics of sewing you'll just take off! I wish I had the patience to knit like you do! I love the faster results of sewing. :)

Have fun on your sewing adventure!

Gabby said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement Olivia! It's exactly the opposite for me... I wish I had the patience to sew like you do, and I love that I can just keep knitting without worrying about ironing or pins or cutting out anything. But sewing is facinating to me and is really practical.

P.S. Do you have any sewing references (i.e. books or sites etc.) that you'd suggest for a beginner? Thanks SO much

Lindsays said...

One day it is going to be second nature to you, Gab! Everything your hands touch turn to gold! You have some beautiful stuff. Nana did it, and you will too! Because you are like her GAB!

Gabby said...

Thanks Mama! You don't suppose you could learn too? Or are you going to go with quilting first? (Gab- ewww)!

Emily Ruth said...

I know this is an old post, but good luck! I knit and sew a little, but not much. My sister does, so if I have a question I ask her. I guess I'm lucky like that. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)