Summer Reading and Algebra

June 13, 2011


Summer Reading

This past month, mother has had us to read 2- the oh how glorious -2 hours a day.  I *try* to get it all done- and really have.  I just have trouble remembering to time myself every time I pick up a book :)  Here are a few books I've gotten through since early May:
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Heidi
  • The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (I read this out loud to Morgan)
  • Joyfully At Home
  • Anne of the Island
  • Anne's House of Dreams

Here are a few that I am beginning:

  • Before You Meet Prince Charming (read out loud with Mama and Morgan)
  • The Education of James Madison
  • Northanger Abby 
  • Off Grid Living
  • {This is one I have meant to read and it's haunting me at the bottom of my nightstand} Ivanhoe
So, we'll see how all goes.  My goal is to read a lot of the classics- glorious classics- and history.  And throw in a few biographies.  The only thing that holds me back is... our library is rather small.  To only have 2 books by Jane Austen- horror of horrors!  And only half of the Anne of Green Gables Series.

------------------------------------Algebra-----------------------------------

As summer reading has been a priority, algebra is crawling up my list of expectations too.

Oh algebra!  You kill my conscience.

The problem with algebra- or me rather- is that I have to give my full attention to it in order for it to get done.  Otherwise, I'll keep pushing it back until I have a complete hour to spare with it.  But I enjoy it- it's fun.  And I like numbers.  I just have to keep telling myself "Onward Christian Soldier" for I tend to find myself knitting, or sewing, or *cough* blogging when I really could be improving my algebra. 

But so far, so good.  I've just started my algebra book and haven't turned to a heap of quivering jello!  My schooling is looking up!

P.S.  Did I mention we are schooling during summer :-)

1 comment:

Plum said...

Math in general, especially Algebra, was my absolute least favorite subject! Reading, however, I could easily do for hours! Anne of Green Gables will always be one of my favorites, and am reading that with my daughter now!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)