Embrace.

August 30, 2011

It's been a lovely start of the week- school has officially arrived, algebra and biology are in full swing, schedules are being made and life is now lived in an orderly fashion.  I will admit, I am already loving it- but that's just me.  When everything is scheduled down to the last tiny bit, I am a happy person.  But I've been asking myself this question "Does my happiness depend on my surroundings?"

 

It's a difficult question- well, no it's not.  We all know that happiness shouldn't depend on our surroundings but for so many, it does.  After making that revelation in the middle of the night I was shocked- I can't remember the last time I've been joyful when something bad has happened to me.  Really.  I can remember so many times when I've been happy- the kind when you want to shout "I love my life!!!"  But then the only reason for that happiness was probably because something nice happened to me- something to cause happiness.


"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have it's perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
{James 1: 2-4}


Realizing is something, but resolving something is quite another thing.  My resolve is to be a happy person whether or no how life treats me.  There's no reason why my happiness should be determined by what life decides to throw at me.  I am going to have a joyful heart even if it kills me!  My resolve is to embrace life- however it comes, however bad it may get, I want to let patience have it's perfect work.

"Happiness isn't something that depends on our surroundings... it's something we make inside ourselves."
A quote from the Hiding Place.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Wow! What a great post! It's really true...I suppose a lot of our {including me} happiness depends on our surrounds and the circumstances that are happening now.

Are you a sophomore, because I have Algebra 2 and biology this year as well. :)

xoxo,
Grace

Gabby said...

Hey Grace!

Thanks for the comment dearie!
I am a freshman- but I am taking biology and Algebra 1.

P.S. Glad to see you back from your trip.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)