Hello autumn!

September 5, 2011

Today was so lovely.  It was in the sixties.  Do you know how long it's been since it's even been in the seventies?  Oh, it was so gorgeous- the sky was all bumpy and gray with clouds covering any speck of blue, there was a strong breeze blowing-enough to be enjoyable- and we didn't have to run the air conditioner- just open doors and windows and you have a natural cooling system.  I love, love, love fall!  And am anticipating to be very busy and take use of this lovely weather.

 

What say you to...
Snow on the ground, mugs (or better yet- tea cups!) filled with warm drinks, knitting needles and yarn sitting in the most obliging manner at your feet?

Candy Corn Hairpin Mix  - Paper Flower Bobby Pins Set of 4


What say you to the deligtful times of staying indoors where it luciously toasty while snowflakes softly cover the ground?

Her Majesty - Golden Ash Leaves of Fall - Autumn Exposures - Fine Art Photography

{via}

What say you to the lovely colors of fall?  All poppy reds, oranges, mustard yellows, and burnt browns decorating and coloring our world so lovely?


{via}

What say you to warm/knitted/crocheted clothes?  Knitted sweaters (perhaps handmade?), scarves, fingerless mittens, long skirts (but then again, that's all I wear :-)), and so much more.

Cupcake Soap - Pumpkin Pie - Halloween - NEW

{via}

What say you to those delicious sweets- the kind Mama always makes for those special days?  Pecan, blueberry, strawberry, blackberry pies, and sugar cookies all decorated and cut by cute siblings, and hot chocolate...

Mmm hmmm...
I don't think I'll miss summer too too much as I suspected.
Fall!  Here we come!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Gabby,

You are just amazing! I LOVE the dish cloths. I wish I had you here to decorate my room! I'm getting some really good ideas from your blog!
Love,
Caroline

Gabby said...

Caroline:: You are so welcome dearie! I need YOU here to teach me how to sew- seriously. I hope we see y'all soon!

Love,
Gabby

Sweetbriers said...

Hi! Thanks for including the picture of my dishcloths on your blog - Imagine my surprise -
I'd have never known they were featured here if it weren't for etsy's "shop stats" feature -
www.sweetbriers.etsy.com

Rebekah

Emily Ruth said...

I love those dishcloths!!!!
It is so true...knitting projects...hot drinks..fall-ish things are so wonderful!

Gabby said...

Fall *swoon* I am so ready to wake up and see leaves floating to the ground, and the trees in their lovely dress of golds and red... Thank you ladies for all the lovely comments!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)