Sweet & Salty Scones

September 7, 2011

I love scones.  And I love the smell of them floating in the air early in the morning.  I love drinking chamomile tea with them.  I love it when the scones are eaten up in 10 minutes after being set out on the table.  I love the taste.

Which reminds me, I call them "sweet and salty" because they are... mildly sweet and salty.  It must be the butter or something but believe me, they simply crumble in your mouth- yet they aren't dry.

The cinnamon/sugar taste on top gives it a heavenly aftertaste.  Oh help.



And too, these scones are easy and quick to make- really- about 20 minutes including baking.



Original recipe found at Aspiring Homemaker.
{Sweet & Salty Scones}

::Sift together::
1 1/2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 c sugar

::Whisk together::
1 egg
1/3 c milk
1/3 c melted butter

Now combine the wet ingredients with the dry ones and stir until just moist and all mixed.  Spread on a cast iron skilled (no greasing required!) until it's about 7-8 inch circle (the dough should be soft and stiff).  If you want (and believe me, you REALLY want this) spread 1 T. butter, softened, all over the dough, then sprinkle- or dump- a lot of cinnamon and sugar all over the softened butter.  It's sooo mouthwatering- you'll thank me later.  Bake at 375 (yes, Fahrenheit) for 15 minutes.  ENJOY!!!

Love,
Gabby

4 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

Those look absolute delicious! I really want to make some now. :) Thanks for the recipe!

Gabby said...

Thanks Emily! They really are wonderful- but I've been wondering how they would go as cookies- kinda like snickerdoodles in fact. Just roll them up and plop em' on a pan?

Love,
Gabby

Thanks again!

Emily Ruth said...

Oooh...that would probably taste really good!

Grace said...

Oooh! Yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipe, I will definitely have to try that. :)

Blessings,
Grace

P.S. By the way, now it's my turn to ask a quick bloggy question. How did you get your post titles centered, and those dotted lines at the bottom of the post?

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)