September 21, 2011


The water kettle is bubbling on the stove reminding me that hot chocolate still must be for the dear children who are still asleep in their beds.  Hot chocolate is a precious commodity you see, and it's always a treat for the children.  This morning I woke up with the clouds white and gray completely covering up any blue in the sky.  Yes, it will most certainly be a chilly day and that, my dears, calls for hot chocolate.

  

We had a splendid time on our trip.  And our grandparents had their 50th anniversary so there was a big party for them, and lots of stories brought up and memories passed around.  Happy 50th anniversary Mammaw and Pappaw!


There were so many beautiful scenes down in Louisiana...  But silly me, I left my camera charger so what do you do?  Snap only the prettiest scenes I guess?

After getting home, I decided it was time to catch up on some crafting.  Soon, I'll post pictures of the marker board-made-out-of-a-frame I made, and a t-shirt bracelet.  While being on our trip, we (mother dear, auntie, and I) made a hasty trip to Hobby Lobby.  The fluffy pumpkin dyed ball of yarn called my name.  I inspected this lovely ball of pumpkiness- and stroked the thick soft strand of yarn- it was perfectly edible!  And on SALE?!  As soon as we got home I made a pair of fingerless mittens for myself and little cousin- Emily.


There is absolutely nothing like knitting.  The yarn slips through your fingers easily like water, and your needles seem to work magic as they go through the loop, grab the string, and then out again.  On and on the rhythmic pattern works until your project is finished.  Every stitch is worth the effort.
It's always fun when people ask "What!  You made that?!"


The clouds were so close the the ground, and the sunset was beautiful.  God is a wonderful painter- he comes up with millions of different scenes for every spot on the earth every single day.

“I am not what I ought to be,
I am not what I want to be,
I am not what I hope to be in another world;
but still I am not what I once used to be,
and by the grace of God I am what I am”
~ John Newton

Have a good week y'all.
~Gabby



1 comment:

Emily Ruth said...

Great pictures!
I once went on a trip and forgot my camera charger, so I can sympathize. :)
Yarn that you love on sale? One of the best things ever. :)
I really like that quote from John Newton!

borrowingphotographs.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)