Crocheted bow pattern

October 18, 2011

Remember these cuties from this post?  Well, I have a pattern all writted out and ready to go for you!


Before you get the pattern, know that this pattern can be adjusted really easily, and you don't HAVE to actually go by this pattern.  At all.  Because in truth, all it is, is a crocheted rectangle with yarn wrapped around the middle.  :-)  So just to give you an idea *how* to make a bow...

::Pattern::
Start with crochet thread.  (I've never crocheted a bow with "big" yarn so be the first and try it- tell me how it goes if you wish).
Chain 16
Half double crochet (hdc) in the 3rd chain.  Hdc down the row.
*Chain 1, hdc in the first loop and down the row*  repeat from *-* until you've reached a rectange- that should be anywhere to 4-7 rows. 

::Note::  I have found that the bow will turn out a lot better if you make the rectange really tall, but not quite a square.

Weave in the ends.  Take some coordinating yarn, and pinch the rectangle so it looks like a bow and wrap the yarn around the pinched/middle area.  Tie the wrapped yarn in the back and snip ends.  Tell me how it goes and if anything is unclear, let me know!


3 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

Those bows are lovely, Gabby! They are just too sweet. :)

Gabby said...

Hey, do you crochet by any chance? I wasn't sure if so or not. And thanks for the lovely comment.

Emily Ruth said...

I can crochet a little bit, but not a lot.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)