Miscelaniness

October 23, 2011

Is miscelaniness a word?  According to dear ol' spell check miscelaniness is not a word.  Well how disappointing.  And ah!  ol' is not a word either.  Well now, I've just discovered 2 new words...  One step for girl on leap for girl kind!  So sorry, I suppose I am being silly and sarcastic but I was rather enjoying myself.


I have discovered how to do a five braid.  It truly is easy and you probably could use the same principle of
the braid for any odd number... 7, 9, 11.  Here is the link I used, twas' most helpful and instructive: 5 braid


My project[s] have been scarflettes.  Scarflettes are easy, quick, fun to make and really very practical.  You see, scarves take up much more yarn for one, and then also there's the problem of it coming unwound around your neck as the tails seem to always be flying this way and that.  Scarflettes you button and forget about.  Did I mention they are snugger?


This^^ has been my new "love" :)  I came flying to mother dear after inspiration hit and asked "Can I buy this from you!?" I was waving a clothes hanger under her nose and to which she replied "You can have it...  But what's going on in that brain of yours?"  Ahh well, an idea...

It took me a while to finally get the wire to cooperate and shape into a word. But after I did, I wrapped white yarn around it (and that's harder than it looks).  It's now displayed proudly on our kitchen window sill until I find further use for it.

Pinned Image


I saw these on Pinterest the other day and decided to make a couple few with Morgan.  She and I enjoy making them, but oh, dear old glue gun, must you burn our fingers so?
So, what have you been up to?

3 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

I LOVE that clothes hanger! That is a great idea. Miscelanious is a word, I just don't know how to spell it. :)
I want to try a 5 braid! And button bobby pins. :) Thanks for this post, Gabby!

Emily Ruth said...

I left a link to this post in my blog post here: http://borrowingphotographs.blogspot.com/2011/10/sorry.html

Gabby said...

Thanks so much Emily for linking me on your blog! It is much appreciated... I *must* remember to include links on my blog posts, to my friends' blogs... I know how nice it is to have free advertisement :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)