Pumpkin spice bars ::recipe::

November 3, 2011


Think::  Moist, sweet, slightly spicy crumbs everywhere.  Thick delicious creamy homemade vanilla icing, simply oozing off the thick soft pumkiness.

Yeah, it's that good.

And by the way, you can make it too!  Here's the recipe:

{Pumpkin Spice Bars}

 Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 16 oz. can of pumpkin
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 11 x 18 cake pan.
Blend together wet ingredients and the sugar in a large bowl until smooth.  Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cloves.  Spread into cake pan gently.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a nice orangish brown.  Let it cool completely in it's pan before icing.

{Cream Cheese Icing}

Ingredient:

3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

Cream all the above ingredients together... and spread on cooled pumpkin bars.  Cut the cake to make about 40 bars.
*note* make sure the icing is NOT cold when icing the bars!

4 comments:

Grace said...

I envy your family, because they benefit from your kitchen experiments. :D Those sound so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing.

Love you,
Grace

Emily Ruth said...

Mmm...pumpkin...this looks delicious!

Gabby said...

Grace@ Haha! My poor family *has* to eat whatever I make for them... Whatever it is, they put on a big smile and say up and down that it's delicious or else I'm a bad cook!
p.s. i like your profile picture- it's cute :-)

Thanks Emily! And it is *so* easy and simple.

Rubies Like Ruth said...

Hello again, Gabby.

I noticed this yummy-looking recipe and was wondering if you would allow me to use it? I have a blog for girls and every-other-month, we have "Bake on Wednesdays." This month, I am posting links of fall recipes on others' blogs and was wondering if you would let me do so for your pumpkin spice bars. I would also like to post a picture of the finished product so the readers could see what they look like. Would you let me do that? If not, then I will understand.

You may email me at rubieslikeruth{at}gmail{dot}com.

Thanks!
Ana Renee

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)