Cookie love

January 25, 2012

I like cookies.  A good deal, apparently.  Who wouldn't?  After all, the smooth, thick aroma gliding around the kitchen, beckons for love, and the slightly salty/buttery outside that compliments a warm nutty interior calls "put-your-name-here."

Cookies have to be perfect, too.  If they can manage to all be eaten within ten minutes, last a life time in the family's favorite recipes box, and be addicting then they are pronounced trustworthy.   It's usually hard to find the perfect recipe because well, admit it, chocolate chip cookies may be the best thing since Jane Austen, but eventually you'll...

*whispers*

want to try something new.  And there happens to be a paraphernalia of cookies recipes all saying the same thing in bold print "I am a 5 star, 347 people rater, most amazing cookie that ever lived."  It's intimidating and you know it.  I know you know it because I go through the same thing when I want to try something new.  I've gone through it lately actually.  And I was lucky enough to bump into the most amazing cookie recipe I've ever used.  And the cookies were ravishing and my family and friends loved them.







PEANUT BUTTER & OATMEAL COOKIES
original recipe from Tasty Kitchens


:INGREDIENTS:
 
1 stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
3 whole Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1-½ cup Peanut Butter
4 cups Oatmeal

:TO DO:
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream butter and sugars, add eggs and vanilla mix until combined, then remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment then scoop out cookies using a medium cookie scoop.
Bake for 15 min until done then let sit for a few minutes before transferring to a rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
Enjoy!

Love,
Gabby

9 comments:

Sonja said...

They look scrumptious, Gabby! :-) Thanks for the recipe!

xo
Sonja

Katie said...

beautiful pictures! They look yummy.

Meghan said...

Oh my yumminess! Trying to go healthy for the new year here and you're words are so intricately detailed that i can smell them from here.

Meghan said...

P.s. thanks so much for stopping by!

Mikailah said...

YUM!!! :)

Jessica said...

These. Look. Fabulous♪ I will have to try them!

Emily Ruth said...

Those cookies look delicious! And with peanut butter in them, how could anyone dislike them?
I tagged you on my blog: http://borrowingphotographs.blogspot.com/2012/01/tag.html If you don't want to do it, that's fine. :)

Grace said...

*gasp* did you get your camera???? these pictures are gorgeousness and make me super hungry. 'course if I made them, they wouldn't be the same as your perfect ones. *sigh* someday, dear one, we shall meet and bake and sew and knit {<<I don't know how many times I've said this}, but I know it will happen. *wink* it simply must.

love you always,
your goosey twin sis.

Gabby said...

Thank you ladies SO much for all the wonderful comments! They are really encouraging <3

@Emily- thanks so much for tagging me! You're a dear.

@Grace- no... i didn't get my camera yet- but I soon will!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)