afternoon hour

February 17, 2012


It's quiet and still; Everything is resting and slowing.  The hazy warmth that floods through the sky creates this beautiful aura we call the afternoon.  It's silent enough to hear the church bells singing in their husky, booming voices from far away, and the sun has already reached her prime in the sky and is now beginning her so descent to the edge of the land.

Daddys will get off of work soon, mamas will be home waiting with suppers, and the children await anxiously for the moment when they can race to the door and call the first hug from their Daddy.  Everyone stays busy doing what they always do, and girls like you and me smile happily and record this beautiful life.

There's always the last song that must be whistled by the birds, last photographs to be taken before the evening is come, and the quickly fading afternoon must always come to an end, as it always does.

What's your afternoons like?
Gabby

p.s. excuse the random pictures... *smiles* I didn't have much of anything else.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

wow, it's sunrise here. i always forget the time differences when blogging.
this was beautiful. the words were so perfect. i enjoy your descriptive writing a lot.

xoxo,
Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

Emily Ruth said...

I like your random photos, dear. :)
My afternoons are consumed by school and homework. I am looking forward to school vacation this week and the lovely afternoons that I am planning.

Blessings,
Emily.

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday Gabby! I hope you have a lovely day filled with all of your favorite things. :)

~Blessings,
Hannah

Kendra Lynne said...

pretty pictures.

Grace sent me over to wish you a happy birthday. so, I hope you have a very happy birthday. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)