February

February 1, 2012


I happen to like February.  It has a lovely mixture of my favorites, which give me something something to look forward to and anticipate...  Like my birthday :-)  And the way you can visibly see winter fading and giving away to the inevitable spring.  I love being able to savor the last few times I can possibly sip a mug of hot tea before it get's hot and take pictures of that winter sky.  I'm not going to lie though, I never really miss winter but I do enjoy it when it's around.

Looking out from my window, I see the gorgeous promise of a full spring in the seemingly dead brown branches of the silent trees.  It's that in between time.  It's not that cold anymore but it still looks like winter.

So with that, I'll leave you... but with a poem I finished today.  Thoughts?

THE SILENT SONG

Was it the song in a dream
That haunts you in your sleep?
Or the melody you caught one day
From some place far away?

It's the silent song that follows you
In your mind alone it plays
You always try to grasp it's tune
But it's always too late

Because like a ship in a tempest
The silent song must vanish
Leaving you haunted and breathless
Pale, shaken but somehow fearless

You can only faintly recall
 The instense rise and fall
And the eerie fading throng
Of your ever silent song.

Gabby

p.s. poem inspired by this song

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that last shot. And that poem? Beautiful. Seriously, I didn't know you wrote poetry! I loved it... except I think you spelled "you" wrong somewhere :P

xoxo,
Jessica

Rosi said...

Hi Gabby!

I've been reading your blog for a bit now, but never commented, but after seeing the new design and that first photo, I couldn't help myself. They are both so lovely I agree with your thoughts on February.

with love, rosi

Emily Ruth said...

I like your poem! You did a lovely job on it, dear!
February for us is still winter. March is our {very long} in-between time. We have nice long winters. :)

Grace said...

Mmm, you are such a wonderful writer and photographer! Your poetry is always such a joy to read.

Love you so much,
your goosey twin sis.
tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

Willa Nicole said...

Lovely post, Gabby! You're such a wonderful writer! I tagged by the way!

Gabriella L. said...

Thanks again ladies- y'all are just wonderful.

Gabby

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)