The Little Cowboy is Five

March 13, 2012

On March 13th 2007, a little baby boy was ready to make his first appearance to this world.  I remember it so vividly.  Daddy woke me up around 3:00 in the morning, whispering those scarey, longed for, dreamed of words that sent our little house into a happy, frightening sort of chaos.  We all- all seven of us- climbed into our suburban and left for the hospital.



The white tile floor, cream colored walls, the brown double doors with two tiny windows, stay forever etched into my memory.  If someone would have come by that uncomfortably clean hall, they would have seen a four children crowding around those big double doors and tiny windows.


After a long time of waiting, on the other side of the windows, a door flew open.  A small group of nurses (I would suppose them to be) ran past us about four yards away.  In the arms of one, was Aidan- only seconds old- red, screaming, and wriggling... probably one of my very favorite scenes ever.

Five years later to the date, I sit here typing away about that miraculous event.  Right now, sleeping in his little p.j.'s, is my baby brother- the little cowboy.  The only thing is, he's not my "baby" brother, or even "little."  He's five.  And he's the most handsome little cowboy with muddy brown and green eyes, a smile always on his face, and a cowboy hat on his head.  I love him.

Gabby

4 comments:

Grace said...

Aw, happy birthday, Aiden!!!

xoxo,
miss goose.

>>-----> tending her garden @ gracesgardenwalk.blogspot.com

Mikailah said...

Happy Birthday!! :) What an adorable (ahem) HANDSOME guy! ;)

-Mikailah

Emily Ruth said...

He must be the cutest little cowboy I have ever seen! SO sweet.

Love,
Emily.

Willa Nicole said...

That was wonderful Gabby! It's so nice to read your stories! Love you,

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)