So long, y'all

April 19, 2012

I remember talking to a good friend about how much I'd like to start a blog.  She said I'd be good at it and give it a go.  I did.  I remember pressing that "make a blog button," and I was officially an ambitious homemaker on the web!  Still am, actually, although somewhere between times changes happened.  But maybe it really wasn't an inflicted change, perhaps it only happened.  I don't know.  This quote says it best:

"I'm not a bit changed--not really. I'm only just pruned down and branched out. The real me- back here- is just the same."
- Lucy Maud Montgomery,
Anne of Green Gables


Thinking now about that first blog post makes me laugh.  I was writing a mile long document with no nonsense, and no pictures.... nothing like I write now.  I had no idea what I was getting into, but I soon discovered a busy little world of young lady bloggers who I could look up to and admire.  They were Christian, they were homeschooled, some were even country gals!  It was heaven.  But something funny happened- I wanted to be like those girls.  Those uncomfortably confidant girls.  I was- and still am- painfully shy.

Then of course, I tried to mimic them.  My posts shaped up like theirs, my interest in photography grew as I saw all these young ladies' beautiful pictures, clothes (which frankly, have never interested me in the least) began to be kinda neat.  And before I knew it, I was one of those girls.  Or something like them.  My interests changed to those fads that all the "other girls" liked.  Like thrifting, knitting, photography, clothes hunting et cetera.  And now, I'm really not quite sure what I really like, or what I tell myself to like because everyone else likes it.  That's the thing about blogging, ya know?

But I have figured out one thing!  I am so muddled I don't know myself very much.  But I do laugh when I think about that girl from December 2010 in long hair (I could care less if I used shampoo, eggs, or tea to wash it), a t-shirt, a thoughtful mind, and nary a clue in the world about that world of blogging girls.  While I don't really believe in people who have to "find themselves" I would kinda like to take a long break from blogging to help develop my interests n'such.  So, this is my last post for a looooong while.  I'm off to discover, you could say, to find and explore that lovely thing called life.

I really appreciate every little comment and all my dear followers.  Y'all are the best!  So, it's so long for now.
Love,
Gabby

12 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

We will all miss you, Gabby, but I understand and admire you for this. I will be anxiously awaiting your return, however.

Love,
Emily.

Jessica said...

this is inspiring. i hope you find more about about yourself on this break, and if you ever decide to come back to the blogging world, please come leave me a note! your posts have been a blessing :)

xo,
Jess

Willa Nicole said...

You are an amazing writer, Gabby, and a wonderful blog-friend. It's been inspiring to read your blog. Love you! ~Willa

Grace said...

I will miss you so, my dear friend! I pray that you will discover the beautiful young lady that the Lord created you to be - the beautiful one I am EXTREMELY blessed to call my friend.

Love ya always,
your goose.

mary ann said...

I know how you feel, Gabby. Lately I've been feeling like it's time to start blogging less and living more. I hope you have an excellent break, and I'll look out for a new post someday :)

Mikailah said...

Aw... I will miss your post. I know exactly how you are feeling, though. I just posted about that, kind of. :) So, thanks for sharing your heart, though, and I hope to see you back before too long. :)

Blessings,
Mikailah~

{Camille} said...

Bravo, girl!

Can't wait to hear what you *really* love to do when you get back. :)

TanyaBeth said...

I know what you mean. =) It is a challenge to learn to grow tastes and likes and interests without trying to become someone you're really not. Enjoy your extra time. =)

Erin said...

I just found your blog! I agree with you. There's this whole online world of bloggers that can be extremely overbearing. When I get in a funk, I journal. It helps me retain my voice.

Whatever you decide to do, stay true to who you are!

Erin :-)

Anita said...

beautiful blog, i love your theme!

Mal said...

I've also struggled with wanting to "fit in" with the blogging community, but I'm trying to learn how to still be myself and change who I am for others and how to not try to act like I'm someone I'm not. Have fun discovering!
-mal ;)

Jess said...

There is so much to be inspired by in the blog world that I struggle with wanting to blog just like other people that I look up to! It's hard by ultimately I hope I can follow my own path :-)

Some Snapshots Blog
Jess

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! I'll try to return the favor on your blog :-)